New Clown Loaches Got Ich

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sbga

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a new 46 gallon tank, just finished cycling. I just got 2 clown loaches Friday. For the first couple days they were hiding most of the time, yesterday they started coming out more. They both have about 3 or 4 ich spots on them. I really do not want to put any medication in the tank, because every experience I have had with medication has resulting in tragedy. Is there a chance that the ich will clear up since the fish are not so stressed out anymore? I've had what look to be like ich on other fish before, that cleared up on its own. Should I give it a couple days and if it looks worse, treat the tank? I think quarantining would only stress them out more. Tank mates include 6 Corydoras, 2 Blue Rams, 2 Male Dwarf Gouramis, 1 Gold Gourami, 5 Silver Hatchetfish, and 5 Zebra Danios(soon to be moved to a different tank). I assume the stress from the new tank & being caught at the fish store, plus their sensitive skin, is what caused them to get ich.

Clown loaches are prone to get inch. I would get some meds for it and just following what the gidelines say. at the end of the treatment do a 25% water change. also member to take out the carbon in the filter if needed.

i would follow Chantal94..u can also try adding some aquarium salt in the tank, just a bit and raise the temp of the tank too..if the ich is not very serious, just use some general medication but if it is serious, use medications that are specifically for ichs...also increase aeration in ur tank and cut down in feeding

Most reactions

Back