New Classified Section

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I hang around on a big rc forum and they have a member sales rating has this been considered here?

Also it would be nice to know of the consequences for people who do not deliver will members be reprimanded if there are complaints made about the quality of service? i.e. non delivery etc.

Not for now OS
Sometimes that can cause more trouble than its worth, that's not to say we wont debate the matter, it may come up for review at a later date. We would like to get the proposed layout up and running first then see where we go from there.
ATB
BigC

fair enough :good:

I hang around on a big rc forum and they have a member sales rating has this been considered here?
No member sales rating has been envisaged as yet due to size of the forum, maybe at a later date we may feel the need to address this issue but for the present I dont think its needed.

Also it would be nice to know of the consequences for people who do not deliver will members be reprimanded if there are complaints made about the quality of service? i.e. non delivery etc.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=279758

BigC

Just to be pendantic; wouldn't 'plants' be better placed under 'livestock' and 'equipment' (or whatever the titles are) rather than at the bottom? Keeps the three selling areas together then.

I also think exchange should be above wanted, but that's just plain picky...

Just to be pendantic; wouldn't 'plants' be better placed under 'livestock' and 'equipment' (or whatever the titles are) rather than at the bottom? Keeps the three selling areas together then.

I also think exchange should be above wanted, but that's just plain picky...

Not a bad idea at all about the plants section, it would be more consistent to keep the livestock & plants together, then go with equipment. We just may switch that one!

shanemartin16 said:
Hi I have Mozambique talipia fry for sale along with some other fish please contact me on 07881368428 or [email protected] thanks
huh.png

MODS

Hi, not sure if am allowed to give an idea or two about classified sections.

1 - Out of date classified items for sale/swap that has since been sold, will these be removed or will it have a notice that says 'sold' in bold red or something noticeable like that to notify members that particular item is no longer for sale.

2 - If an item has been for sale for a month or longer perhaps and remains unsold, will these need to be resubmitted again by the seller/swapper for the following month or date? 

Hope that makes sense, and sorry in advance if not allowed to submit ideas/suggestions for this since am a fairly new member of this forum. 
blush.png

No need to apologise Ch4rlie, we don't mind constructive feedback.

There is a bit of a hang over effect with the change from being able to modify the first post in classifieds. It used to be that people changed their own titles to sold so that nobody bothered them, until people started messing with the advert after people had started to respond, which was a mess.

As the forum takes no responsibility on for the process of the sale we rely on the seller telling us that threads are complete, otherwise we'd have to chase everyone around a lot, and some posts, particularly for fry or plants, can run for some time before they stop being valid.

Worth us looking into again though and all ideas are welcome.

Ch4rlie,

One of things I occasionally do is to keep an eye on threads in classifieds, and if someone posts that an item has been sold, then I will lock the thread, to prevent further comments being posted. As with all Mod work, it's a case of "as and when", I'm not active on the forum everyday, I don't always have time to do all these "housekeeping" tasks.

Your second suggestion would also be great, in an ideal world, but again relies on Mods taking the time to go over there and identify "overdue" threads.

Great suggestions, but I'd rather talk fish, than administer classified adverts when I'm active on the forum.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back