New Centerpiece fish for a 4 foot planted tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GroumiFan05

Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently I've been looking to try and find a centerpiece cichlid for my 4 foot 45 gallon tank. I was hoping for something like a single severum cichlid but have been told they like to eat plants 😔.
Any advice and suggestions are appreciated 😁
20220930_160019.jpg

Thought I'd include the tanks info:
2 blue acaras (fully grown)
6 Congo tetras
3 Angel fish
2 bristle nosed plecos
2 clown loaches
And 2 Bolivian rams

The tank is reasonably heavily planted and has a 2000l/h canister filter (the photo was taken before I installed it) and aqua soil substrate capped with around 1 onch of white sand.

That's a gorgeous tank!
How are your clown loaches? I'd love to have some, but everything I read about them says they need to be in large groups to be happy. If they're shy and hide rather than playing all over the tank, they're probably not living their best life. My first reaction was get more clown loaches, because their antics would be the highlight of the tank. But that tank is too small for how big they'll grow. My biggest tank (so far) is 55 gallons, so clowns are on my "reasons to get a bigger tank" list ;)

Thanks for the advice about the clowns, atm they are super happy and swim all through the tank, much to my bn plecos disappointment they took over his cave xD. I'll look into buying another as I've thought about for a while, they are very fun to watch

November TOTM starts accepting entries for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger at the end of this month. Wont be another contest for that size till February.

A
November TOTM starts accepting entries for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger at the end of this month. Wont be another contest for that size till February.
Awesome, I'll definitely give it a crack 😁

I have four severums and they definitely do munch on plants, but not as much as silver scats though.

You have a centrepiece in the angels, and truly - no space for anything else. If those fish aren't full grown, you have to give them a chance to get there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back