New Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barracuda518

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I got some Platydoras costatus (Striped Raphael Catfish) today. They are very young, maybe 1.5" at the moment. They got their own 10 gallon to grow out in before I move them into a bigger tank. I had some of these a long time ago that were this size when I got them and were between 5-6" when I traded them in and I still regret the day I gave them up.

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

Thanks for looking :good:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone :good:

Nice! After then ten gallon what are they going into?

They will be put into a 55 gallon once they grow. They need to be the only ones in the tank for now so they can get lots of food and grow. The way these catfish eat, it shouldnt take too long :D

Great fish. Will you keep us updated on how they do in with coming out in the day please? Ive found my south american bumblebees come out for food in the day if I give it to them, I wonder if its the same with these guys?

Thanks for the comments :good:

Great fish. Will you keep us updated on how they do in with coming out in the day please? Ive found my south american bumblebees come out for food in the day if I give it to them, I wonder if its the same with these guys?

I will try to give updates. These fish are very nocturnal, but you can train them to come out for food. The reason why these are out was because I took those pictures after I released them into the tank. They are very active with the lights out because they are so young. The task right now is getting them to eat.

isnt this species the talking catfish? or was it another. haha i cant really tell.

Most reactions

trending

Back