New breeding rack

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So yesterday i sold my 165L Aquaone 850 that I've had for around 2yrs. I was running it as my main community tank, until i set my 83L breeder up as a planted community tank. I lost interest in the boring 165L and sold the fish (plus it got overrun by BBA). I was thinking of getting a brand new 4ft tank to do a nice aquascaped planted tank but i wasn't going to do it straight away. Then i saw this thing on gumtree!

Within 24hrs i got rid of my old tank and had picked up this rack.

It's custom built by the guy i bought it off and has 4 2ft tanks, a 2ft quarantine tank and a sump.

I think I'll have a go at breeding some shrimp and maybe chuck my panda corys in to see if i can get them to spawn. I've bred angels and kribs before which was a cool experience but now I'm pretty keen to try some new projects!
20210131_204932.jpg
20210131_204922.jpg
20210131_204823.jpg
20210131_204755.jpg

It didn't come with a pump, lights or heaters so i still need to get a few things. I've never used a sump before so not sure if i should set it up or just use sponge filters?

If anyone has had a set up like this I'd love any tips or advice on what worked and what didn't work.

This is ace! Really nice set up too I like that its all basically done. You could still aquascape them :)

I really like triptych style tanks where separate tanks match each other with the hardscape so it looks like wood and rocks travel through the glass. Looks really good when you contrast it too - so left tank green plants, right tank red plants or left tank heavily planted, right tank just hardscape. Looks good when you separate the tanks by colour too which would be good with shrimp you could do red in the left, blue in the right for example.

Yeh i will definitely do some sort of aquascaping. I've got plenty of rocks left over from the previous tank so I'll do something with them and probably sand/soil, plants etc.

My quarantine tank will probably be bare bottom but I'll chuck some plants in pots in there.

WIth cycling would each tank need to be cycled seperately or do i start the cycle in the sump?

Would all the tanks have the same parameters if using the sump?

I'm not overly familiar with these type of set ups but if all the filtration is done in the sump then thats where the cycle starts and it would mean your paramaters would be on the same system.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back