New Boy!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

khial

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
bought him earlier today, hes still a little shy so finding it hard to get a good picture...these ones really dont do him justice
he'll be in this 26 litre until i have finished building the stand for his 60 litre:)

SDC10601_zps027a3c80.jpg

SDC10603_zps2fb38ec4.jpg

Thanks for comments hes a lovely lilac, looks even better under t8's 

Good looking fellow.
Of course we'll want to see him when he's settled in.

i love the white outline especially when hes flared up, may be moving him to a bigger tank as im having a serious algae problem in the current one

kewlpics.gif
He looks similar to my Purple Plakat Big Ears, great fish.  I believe the white round the edges makes them a "butterfly".

I looked at your video, my fella disappeared like that when I first got him, now he is always at the front wiggling at me
smile.png

Recently got a couple of females to match him, they are in my large 215 Litre Aquarium with my other girls.  One of them has a metallic look when the light catches her, whereas the other is a more solid purple, both are sweeties.

The boys all have their own tanks to keep them safe from the girls and of course each other
wink.png

Enjoy, he is a stunner.  Below is my fella, you never know they maybe brothers?

Attachments

• Plakat Lavendar MALE - Nov 2012 - Copy.JPG
    Plakat Lavendar MALE - Nov 2012 - Copy.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 87
Yea yours looks a little darker, Oh hes always at the front of the tank...Until he sees the camera,,,Honestly he hates it, This is my first "Expensive, show Betta" Have been thinking about breeding for a while now, for both profit and love for the fish, just have to persuade the other half to donate a "spare room" ;) 

I have a few females in a community tank with a male in there ( madness I know but they all get on brilliantly ) currently setting up another tank just for Bettas...there just so addictive

Ditto re: breeding and being addictive ;)

its just such a shame you can only keep one per tank, It would be so much easier and easier on the wallet....

Yes but as someone once said to me, they would loose some of their appeal in some ways.   Mind you I do love my tank of girls, they are so inquisitive and always willing to "help" when I am cleaning the aquarium.  They have not come without problems though when first setting up, I sadly lost three for some unknown reason (apparently can be a problem with the females), even though the aquarium was stable.

Most reactions

trending

Back