New Blue Velvet Shrimps

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator āš’ļø
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Recieved 10 of these Blue Velvet shrimps today. Due to the pandemic reluctant to travel to the stores that stock fancy shrimp so ordered them online. Really happy with them so far and they seem to be doing well. I got 3 Horned Sun Snails too hoping their reputation for eating algae helps me out a little.

shrimp.jpg

Wills

Very nice.

Adds a nice splash of colour!

Were these expensive?

Might get some from the same online supplier as well if they deliver nationwide.

They look great, I was torn between reds and blues, maybe a little blue shrimp tank is next.

Oohh, they're gorgeous! Blues are my favourite, have to admit. I ended up with red because they were cheaper, and I like them still, don't get me wrong, but I couldn't resist getting some blues later and adding them, even though you shouldn't mix the colours. I have one blue girl left, and delighted each time I see her :)

Will have a tank of blues someday! :D

Thanks everyone :)

I got them from Horizon Aquatics and they were Ā£5 each with Ā£8.99 postage - really good system on their site you can choose to recieve them either Tuesday or Thursday. I have been looking for them locally for a while but no one could really get them so decided to do the delivery option. I think now the whole virus thing is kicking off again I will get my livestock by mail too as I dont want to be traveling around just to find the right fish unfortunately :/

Got really close to getting cherries a few times but even they are quite expensive near me - only one shop with them in and they were Ā£4.50 each. I know you can get them for under Ā£3 usually though...

Wills

Blue looks great in the tank. Ā£8.99 postage?! To get shrimp or fish my delivery charge is ā‚¬18.50-ā‚¬26 (Ā£16.80-Ā£23.61) :eek:

Beautiful shrimps.
In my country, we have Super Blue shrimps which cost about USD 1.20 each.

I mixed the Blue, Red and Tiger shrimps.
I guess I may have Blue and Red Tiger in the future.

Beautiful shrimps.
In my country, we have Super Blue shrimps which cost about USD 1.20 each.

I mixed the Blue, Red and Tiger shrimps.
I guess I may have Blue and Red Tiger in the future.

It's possible, but probably more likely that if tiger shrimps are anything like cherry shrimps then therefore that mixing colour morphs together will only result in wild shrimp brownish or clear colour :/

It's possible, but probably more likely that if tiger shrimps are anything like cherry shrimps then therefore that mixing colour morphs together will only result in wild shrimp brownish or clear colour :/

I think the Tiger (wild) is a different species from Cherry.
Anyway, I am keep them just for fun. Any colours will be ok for me.
I like the stripes of the Tiger but now I find that colour shrimps are more beautiful.
I like to look at the shrimps grazing their food.... Just like cows grazing on the grass... They are unique..

The only problem with shrimps tank is there is too much debris and it keeps clogging my filter even though I wrapped the intake tube with a thin layer of filter floss.
I have to rinse the intake every few days.
Its very troublesome.
I am thinking of removing all sand, gravels from my shrimps tank. Too much debris acculumated in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back