New betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tana

Reaction score
Hi
I got my first betta on Saturday I tried feeding him bloodworms today for the first time but he won’t eat them, must I take them out?
I have aqua substrate and plants

Yes, you must remove any uneaten food of whatever type. If you don't it will decompose and make the water foul.

Does he eat any other type of food? Bettas sometimes refuse to eat anything for a few days after you buy them simply because you are feeding something other than the food the shop used. It can take a few days for them to realise it is actually food.

That needs to be clarified - are the bloodworms alive, frozen or dried? Frozen bloodworms need to be thawed before feeding and dried need to be rehydrated by soaking in water.

Cycling means growing enough bacteria to remove both the ammonia made by the fish and waste product breakdown, and the nitrite made from that ammonia.
I notice that you have plants - are there more than the odd one or two, and are they fast or slow growing plants?
Are you testing for ammonia and nitrite?

Hi
I got my first betta on Saturday I tried feeding him bloodworms today for the first time but he won’t eat them, must I take them out?
I have aqua substrate and plants
Add live mosquito larvae. They will stay alive and he will eat them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back