New Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vancouver

- l l a m a s -
Reaction score
I bought this guy a few days ago.. It's kinda demented.. cant really swim properly.. Thought I would buy it and give it a decent home..

4u10hao.jpg

The only ''problem'' with ''saving'' him.. is that they will get in another and torture it too..

It was so messed up looking though I had to buy it.. Still can barely swim, but it can get to the top to get food, so I guess that's all it needs.

Poor thing. Good on you for buying it when probably no one else would. He's probably happier that he was in the shop.

I love that colour. Funny enough I have had 2 like that my first got ill really quickly and died. I managed to save the replacement but he is not very strong.. :good:

He eats and has a decent nest, but he spends most of his time lying on the bottom of the tank.

Only really ''wobbles'' up when I come to the tank.

At first he would flare at me like I was going to harm him.. He understands now though that it's food time when I come up to him.

I kinda don't think he will live very long.. I'd be surprised if he makes it 6 months.

Not a big deal though.. $5 is nothing, and I tried.

Hey Vancouver!! Nice little guy you got there! I have a bent/crippled/wonky swimmer guy I rescued too. I didn't think he'd make it a week, let alone a month, let alone going on 6 months now!! :rolleyes:

He "swims" horribly, and like your guy can get to the top and can sometimes grab food on the first try. I've pampered him silly by putting lots of plants in his tank he can lie on and not have to fight to get to the top so hard. Plus, I drop each food pellet in front of his face until he gets it.

I hope your little guy has a great time with you!

He now has columnaris, or something horrible, and will probably die overnight..

Tail is falling away, the white fungusy stuff is creeping from his tail to his body, his gills are inflamed, and I should probably euthanize.... I cant do it though. I'm hoping he will just die quietly overnight.. :sad:

sorry he sounds really poorly. At least you gave him lots of love and he has had some quality life.... :good: :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back