New Betta Hobbyist

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LuckyBettas

Reaction score
Last year I began the intensive knowledge dive into the world of betta breeding after years of being a fish admirer. I locked eyes with a completely translucent betta fish, Prince Eric and instantly fell in love. I made a completely unplanned and a little bit shameful pet store purchase.

He was so amazing to me and I was dead set on creating more like him before his time to breed was behind him. Then I found Ariel, a white female with pink and teal shimmer. She wasn't clear, but I figured she would do just fine and make some pretty little fry babies.

Several months later, on November 8th 2019, they had their very first successful spawn. It took many adjustments and weeks of reading every day to discover the method that worked for them. Now I have 4 month old bettas and a few turned out exactly as intended, with the rest nearly as intended. They are all living happily in a divided tank until I decide which to keep and which to give away. My goal here on this forum is to have some help figuring that out and to learn from other betta breeding experts. My intention is to have betta fish that are perfectly suited to change colors under RGB LED lighting.

Here is a picture of Prince Eric when I first brought him home, a very recent photo of Ariel and a few of the fry when they were just a few weeks old. I'll make another post in the betta forum area to show how the babies look now and Prince Eric's new look. I have so many questions.

Attachments

• more betta fry.jpeg
    more betta fry.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 117
  • betta fry.jpeg
    betta fry.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 126
  • betta2.jpeg
    betta2.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 78
  • betta1.jpeg
    betta1.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 93
These are really cool bettas. I feel obligated to tell you though, color changing lights are very stressful on fish... :)

These are really cool bettas. I feel obligated to tell you though, color changing lights are very stressful on fish... :)
Thanks so much! Yes, you bring up a really good point. I keep it on a static color for a whole day, sometimes changing it midday and then in the evening. They also get 8-12 hours of darkness for sleepy time. Every once in awhile I have set it to fade very slowly just to watch for a few minutes before changing it back. If I send any to a new home I’ll be sure to include this information so that the fish don’t get stressed out and compromise their health.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

That’s amazing! Good luck to you!

Tag me if you ever need help with AquaScaping, bettas, or live plants. I hope to see you around the forum! :)

Here is a picture of Prince Eric when I first brought him home, a very recent photo of Ariel and a few of the fry when they were just a few weeks old. I'll make another post in the betta forum area to show how the babies look now and Prince Eric's new look. I have so many questions.
Handsome Prince!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back