New Betta! :d

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nikkifro8994

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was at the store buying plants when I saw this gorgeous boy. I couldn't resist. So I came home and shuffled around my tanks. The ADFs are in with my tetras and he is in their old 5 gallon. He keeps flaring at the heater. He is light blue with pink/magenta on his bottom fins. He reminds me of cotton candy so his name is Candy. He is smaller than my other betta. He's only an inch and a half from his mouth to the end of his tail. I am a little concerned about his tail. It looks like he has been biting it or may have fin rot. The bottom picture shows it pretty well. His tail has black on the ends. Should I be worried about this?
6998668610_0d6f9b4849.jpg

7144752991_0d8240f825.jpg

7144753539_028d4ff750.jpg

7144752407_cc9d9ec400.jpg

Love his colour, all the LFS round my way ever have are the bog standard blue or red VTs.

Sorry I can't advise you much re his fins except to say that in my LFSs any bettas that have been in them for more than a few days tend to look a bit frayed around the edges, stress and less than perfect conditions I figure. Hopefully good water and a less stressful life will help him a lot. Fingers crossed that he improves :good:

I'll give him a week or so to adjust. He is still exploring his new home. If his tail gets worse, I will add some melafix. It treats bacterial infections like fin rot.

Do keep us updated on his progress, he looks like he'll be a real stunner once he's back in good shape.

He is still really little and his mouth is tiny. The pellets are too big for him to eat even though the pellets are about 2 or 3 mm. What should I do? I have frozen bloodworm and frozen brine shrimp for my frogs. Should I give him that instead?

I feed my little chap Hikari Micro Pellets and he seems to like them and they are small enough for him to eat easily. He also loves brine shrimp and blood worm but blood worm might be too much of a mouthful for your little guy unless you chop it up really teeny.

He's on omega one pellets. They are tiny but his mouth is to small for them. I'll try the brine shrimp with him first

why not just break the pellets up a bit? Smash em up a little before you feed him.
His fins dont look too badly. With clean water, less stress and good food he will heal in no time. Feed a few extra bloodworms/ week. Id certainly give longer than a week before you start with any sort of treatment. So long as the fins are not getting worse, just try clean water and more protein (bloodworms) for now.
Hes a pretty boy!
Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back