New Babies... Oscar Nursery

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well, I pick up 2 wild oscars on Sunday, be interesting to see how they all get along in the big tank. I am hoping to upgrade either my 5ft or 4ft tanks so I can keep all 4 as they grow. Hopefully I'll have a pair :)

Hurrah... All 4 Oscars and other fish are safely swimming in the 6ft, so far so good.

Had fun moving the eels - the Tyre Track leaped out of the bag, a foot in the air and onto the floor :eek: luckily none the worse for his escapade.

Pics attached of 1 of the wild o's and the bucket we then decided to use for the 3 eels, raphael catfish and bichirs.

WildOscars036.jpg

WildOscars063-1.jpg

Can you do a vid of your 4 O's and up it to Youtube or something? would love to see it.

Oh they're so lovely, I'm very jealous, I wish I could get an Oscar of my own, but sadly I'm not allowed as we don't have any tanks big enough lol Good luck with yours! :)

Lovely O's, it's staggering how fast they grow - were you feeding yours 4 x a day though?

My little baby looks a little like your brighter coloured one, I've only had mine since Sunday and love his little ways already - just as well as he will bankrupt me with his new tank/filter system... And to think I started off with a 60L tank and Gouramis.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope we get lots of photo updates :D

They were fed twice daily and 3x daily at weekend, alternating between cichlid pellets, bloodworm, prawns, spirulina pellets and prima. Now they get fed once a day 6 days a week.

No video yet as I've not set the lights up yet.

I started with a 100l tank with one kissing gourami.... - is yours the one in your avatar? he's lovely - you should start a journal :)

I'm not a huge fan of oscars but my gosh that one is too cute. Really I love the big eyes and that little smile well it looks like a smile to me.

They were fed twice daily and 3x daily at weekend, alternating between cichlid pellets, bloodworm, prawns, spirulina pellets and prima. Now they get fed once a day 6 days a week.

No video yet as I've not set the lights up yet.

I started with a 100l tank with one kissing gourami.... - is yours the one in your avatar? he's lovely - you should start a journal :)

Thank you, ah mine is only getting fed once a day at the moment. Maybe I should give him some in the morning as well, but difficult as I don't want all the other fish getting fat :unsure: He gets hikari gold, tetra doromin, bloodworm and river shrimp at the moment, oh and a nibble of anything else I put in :lol:

I need to get my DSLR repaired so I can get some decent pics of him while he's still a baby... He's a lot nicer coloured than in the pic, hard to take a decent photo.

Feeding time - as you can see they are all getting quite bold. The 2 fire eels are more settled now too.

eelsetc023.jpg

6-8 months or so?

The original 2 I've had since September, they were about 1.5-2" then and are about 5-5.5" now, the wild ones I've no idea, I've had them 3 weeks but I'd guess they are a little older, they are a little bit bigger and bulkier.

They should all hit 7" in a couple of months, they are ALWAYS hungry!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back