New Babies... Oscar Nursery

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I named my betta Oscar (because he was fat), and it seems he is living up to his name, he escaped and attacked my other betta Spikey! So he is not only fat like a Oscar but feisty like them aswell. :( :/

they are looking fantastic :) you`re really doing a fab job!
buddy and jambo used to have just the same colouring, buddie was really pale and if jambo went too far back in the tank, couldnt see him at all

stunning lil guys :)

aww thanks Shelagh, they are still a bit shy when the light is on (until food arrives lol) but really developing their personalities. Still nameless though :( Don't think I'll name them until they survive the move into the big tank, but we'll see.

Bo is knocking on about 80yrs old :lol:( not realy) and hes still sacred of the lights- big girl!.
im positive that what ever was in that tank then will have gone by now and theyll love it and be very happy in there.. then you can give them lovely names :)

my Bo hasnt got much of an anal fin ( due to being kept in a tiny tank and having to keep it raised to swim over other fish- i think) so your boys seem quite different looking to him, i was surprised, only cos im used to it now, to see them with there fins :lol:
beautiful healthy looking fish which i don`t see that often these days, even the ones at the garden center are a mess :(
PS.. love the new sig, its fab!

Thanks shelagh think the sig will remind me in 6 months time of how tiny they were lol.

The big tank should be ok now I just need to get a new drip tray and make a support for the new lights. Then I'm literally going to transfer everything from the 4ft into it - fish, water, decor, substrate and filter media.

These 2 are getting really clever, they have perfected the oscar begging techniques and to keep my lil boy happy the bigger one is a jumper for food.

Indigo?

If you dont mind me asking what happioned to your other O's? :/

Back in 2006 i kept 2 o's in a 2ft... the one died ( i dont know why/how) and the other suvived.. He never payed any attention or attempted to eat any other fish... We sold him and the tank (sepretely) a couple weeks later ( as i apparnlty loss intrest accoridng to my mom)

Also

Want to show us all some new pics of your new O's :good:

Well, I've not updated for a while... Knox my other O's got ill and died within 48hrs after moving into my 6ft, since then it has been stripped and recycled (fishless) ready for these guys.

These guys are now about 4.5" and very uncooperative about having their photo taken. :S

I've delayed moving them as one of my heaters in the big tank is not working (temp hits 22deg C max :( )so until payday they can't move. I'm also wanting to add them and the 2 wild ones I'm getting off dave_oddballs at the same time to try and avoid territoy issues. - Think I may need to upgrade the 4ft to a 4x2x2 soon as I know 4 O's will not live happily ever after LOL.

OK, got some pics I'll add them in a mo.

fish001.jpg

fish042.jpg

fish010.jpg

New pics, sorry they are not too clear - had to sneak up on them. Also one of my smaller fire eel as he was out showing off.

Thanks, they are naughty, they keep atacking Lumpy (my senegal bichir who has a large tumor on its back) and yet they are best buddies with the tyre track eel - who definitely thinks he's an Oscar, he eats from hand with them and even bit me LOL.

:good: There gorgous.

And sorry about your loss :unsure: Especially when its an oscar.

I LOVE the patterns on these oscars!

You must of got the best ones in the lfs ;)

lmao at the eel who thinks he's an oscar. Bless :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back