New Babies... Oscar Nursery

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks shelagh, they are gorgeous and it is so nice to have Oscars again, so far the darker one seems to be boss. They have nice round little bellies and big appetites!

No names yet, going to see how they develop individually and then decide what suits them :)

They are settling really well, sure they've grown already LOL.

They have fully explored the tank, discovered people mean food and the darker one has decided fingers could be food... They already have the 'oscar wag' and follow you as you walk by them. Sooooo cute.

Still no names but they'll come to me in time.

aww love em :lol: the front one in the sig has beautiful markins.. well they both do its just that hes more vibrant.. so which one is the more dominant? or bit early to tell yet.. mind at that size theyre not generally shy are they :lol:
they be the size of your hands in no time :)

The darker one seems more dominant, s/he is a little bigger so it may just be a size thing. That's the one who is bolder in general too.

The markings on the brighter one are stunning - they had a few with similar colouring at LFS - a really nice batch.

3990215027_b6686c4119.jpg

3990971494_91976ce82b.jpg

3990971154_28b7a2ba21.jpg

New pics - they have about doubled in size and I moved them from the 2ft to the 4ft tank last night as I felt they were big enough not to be bichir food.

Oh to give an idea of size the bichir in the 1st pic is about 9" long

Awww, they are so adorable!

I saw some lil oscar babies in my LFS and I'm in love, like, deeply madly truely, currently searching for a new bigger tank just s I can get a couple! XD

-Rezz

:eek: they havve lost loads of orange. They remind me of marble bettas, there colours just never stop changing lol

The smaller one has lots of colour still - the other was always a lot darker, the pics are just not very good this time LOL

They are settling nicely into the bigger tank, next stop will be the 6ft when they grow a bit more.

Well they have settled in nicely and I'm sure have grown again already. They seem to have made friends with the tyre track eel as the 3 are always together :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back