New Babies... Oscar Nursery

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

indigoj

sic itur ad astra
Reaction score
Many of you fellow Oscar Lovers will know the heartache I went through losing my 2 beautiful O's a few weeks ago. Since then I've been wanting to replace them but couldn't find any! Finally today I picked up these 2 - as yet un-named babies -

In the bag....

3893134489_0af5e494e2.jpg

Looking a bit lost....

3893134593_74cdb98b05.jpg

Closer view....

3893134753_ddf7d550db.jpg

For now they are in the 2ft/80l tank on their own until they grow a bit as they are only about 2" total length, real babies. (to give an idea the white strip behind them in the tank is about 1.5" deep!

08.09.09: Well, yesterday they had 4 small meals and have already learnt that a tap on the corner of the tank means mealtime! They are very playful, very greedy and not nearly as shy as I expected them to be at this stage.

Some pics that really show their size off -

3899144167_53c7b958da.jpg

3899927000_6f672665bc.jpg

3899927038_f030db77a6.jpg

more soon .....

sooooooooo cute!!!! am still undecided about getting a couple of babies myself :)

They look so tiny - even in the small tank they look lost. I have a nice warm feeling having Oscars again though - like something was missing before and now it's all ok again.

They're so comical at this size and oh so greedy,lol...seeing those it's hard to resist rushing out and getting some again...when they grow up with you they make such wonderful comical fishie pets as well..will be nice to watch them grow on here

They are funny - I was watching them just by the light of the tv last night and they were playing in the filter outlet - taking turns to 'ride the waves'.

OSCAR BABIES ARE SO CUTE!!!

I bought mine at about 6 inches long and I would have liked to try some from babies to see their quick progress!! won't be long till they pile the size on..... Keep updating this thread Jennifer over time so we can see the growth progress?

I will, they are eating like vultures so should pile on the pounds. Got them on Prima, spirulina sticks (that I have to break up smaller) and bloodworm - 4 small meals a day at the moment.

I'll move the same plant with them when they move to the big tank as it will be a good size guide.

They are definitely getting bolder - last night they were nibbling my fingers! THey have already learned the begging techniques of wagging and following, think I'm going to have fun with these 2 - they seem very quick to learn.

Good luck with your new babies. Looking forward to watching them grow :good:

Peas for tea tonight - they are definitely not fussy eaters :)

awwww you got them!absolutley gorgeous
teeny weeny..bless them.i really look forward to watching them grow and develop there "little" personalities.. im so please for you i know what you went thru with the other 2, im sure these will live long happy lives with you

all the best with them

shelagh xxxx

I love oscars, if I hadn't stocked my 200l the way I have i'd certainly have got one or two. Those two babies are lovely. You got names for them yet? How about starsky and hutch

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back