New article of mine...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Another article of mine about wild traits in livebearer breeding forms has been published in the Poecilia news livebearer magazine, February 2023 issue.
IMG_8542.JPGIMG_8546.JPGIMG_8547.JPGIMG_8548.JPGIMG_8550.JPG

Any link to the article. I respect your commitment to increasing the knowledge about the livebearers. Do you have a background in the biological sciences or are does your interest come from a different source.

Any link to the article. I respect your commitment to increasing the knowledge about the livebearers. Do you have a background in the biological sciences or are does your interest come from a different source.
Well, the article itself hasn't been published in English. But I do have written about it partially on my website as well and it will be extended later on. I'll give you the link. The website is in English, so that shouldn't be a problem. For I'm working with an international network.
I myself don't have a background in the biological sciences. But I've been interested in this science ever since a young boy back in the 1970's. My parents have influenced me. They've started keeping fish back in the 1960's. So, my knowledge in this is not gained by official education but by self-tuition throughout the years. And I do have to admit, I'm in contact with a number of scientists within this field. We do work together. Even zoos can contact me about wild livebearers. And I've been to certain areas to observe fish in their natural habitat which we keep in fish tanks.
Furthermore, I do lead the national guppy (includes endlers as well) working group which consists of two disciplines: wild and breeding forms. I do write relevant articles for a Dutch, German and French livebearer magazine. And I do participate relevant vivaristic events (exhibitions, judging at shows, and so on) in Holland, Germany and Belgium.

Here's a link, btw: https://www.emeraldking-aquatics.com/wild-traits-in-livebearer-breeding-forms

When are you going to post things in English?

The only German I am fluent in is swearing because dad would swear in German so we didn't understand what he was saying.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back