New arrivals!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
These little guys were born Monday's night and spotted them out just yesterday.
Sorry that I haven't been here yesterday to share the good news :(

However the weird news are that these little mollies look different from their mommy..
They look almost like panda molly fry that came out of a dalmatian molly! :hyper:
Could anyone explain this to me..?

Anywho! I have made them a self-sustainable aquarium out of 1L box after some strawberry icecream where I've put 1/3 of an inch of gravel from my established aquarium (after Candy) and where I've put a piece of an unidentified plant and a single piece of Elodea and a piece of land moss anchored to a rock.

I try to feed the twice a day and I do one whole turkey baster water changes twice a day, one in the morning, one before I go to bed.

Here are the babies:

A666D676-0B7F-4367-9961-618387D5798A.jpeg

1C682966-0162-4508-8948-0D21A9431E0B.jpeg

5FC692CB-FC16-493D-A661-A4E05E4C3A36.jpeg
4F339C64-079D-4D50-B7BC-AB563DEA84C1.jpeg

And here's Mammy, Oreo!:

943821EE-DB69-4080-A534-A528FD64A6E0.png

It depends on who the father was :) If you don't have male in with Oreo, it could have been any male molly at the shop.
I've got an orange sailfin male molly (named Spot), but he is interested in my gold black dust molly (named Pebble).
In my lfs Oreo was only with dalmatian mollies (males and females)...

It doesn't look as though Spot was the father.

Are dalmation mollies like bettas with the marble gene - these bettas can change colour and pattern as they grow.

Are dalmation mollies like bettas with the marble gene - these bettas can change colour and pattern as they grow.
I really don't know about dalmation mollies having the marble genes.
I was surprised about their colour, they've got yellow and black colours. Not like their momma.

I believe they do have the marble gene

Well, if you look at the picture of mom, she does seem to have some blonde underrneath. But a molly with some coloration can still change color while growing up. So, the young can get more black and the blonde is able to fade or become even stronger. The mother may have started off looking like them as well. And that she became darker while growing up. But it´s also not clear from what kind of mollies she came from. Looking at her own coloration, she can´t be called a dalmation but more marble.

What ever they are I think they are cute. :fish: What are you planing on doing for aeration?
I added a piece of anacharis, whenever sun hits the tank, elodea releases some oxygen and whenever I do a water change there, I add water from my 33 gallon straight from filter and the water is well oxygenated :)
Babies should be fed about 4 -6 times a day. Congrats!
I did feed a lot more today until they got these little cute fat bellies :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back