New Aquagarden Mini Pond Kit from Aquascape!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Always wanted a pond in my backyard :)and now I can also pick it up and bring it inside for the winter. Would look nice on my back deck but the birds would use it as a birdbath:D That is something different, been trying to convince the wife I need another tank but I do not think she will go for this.

I have a huge garden, and I would love to get a pond but I just cannot see myself going out every day to break the ice in the winter! It gets pretty cold here and it is hard enough seeing to chickens every morning!

Hehe I want one too and have no place for it xD

I have a huge garden, and I would love to get a pond but I just cannot see myself going out every day to break the ice in the winter! It gets pretty cold here and it is hard enough seeing to chickens every morning!

We're in Chicago so it gets pretty cold here. We typically recommend customers have a de-icer to keep a hole in the ice for gas exchange to let the CO2 escape, combine that with a submersible pump or aerator and there are minimal issues to having a pond where it freezes. I actually just posted a video about that on my Youtube channel:

I have several friends who have ponds, most at 4 feet or more deep. Most of them have the same setup with falls.
My pond is 12 feet deep. It has blue gill, large mouth bass, small mouth bass, crappie and mosquito fish. It’s a super cool pond, as I don’t take care of it any way. I occasionally get rid of the algae, but other than that, nothing. :D

Several of my friends raise Koi but one guy has a pond like yours (almost a small lake) where he raises perch, bass, and blue gill. His pond is fed by a spring under it. He built a pier and it is surrounded on three sides by a woods. It is in his back yard (4th side). Talk about a great retirement home except for all the snow we get.

Several of my friends raise Koi but one guy has a pond like yours (almost a small lake) where he raises perch, bass, and blue gill. His pond is fed by a spring under it. He built a pier and it is surrounded on three sides by a woods. It is in his back yard (4th side). Talk about a great retirement home except for all the snow we get.
Yeah, we get a lot of snow up here to. It’s amazing how the fish can still survive under all that ice! One year it was even thick enough for me to walk on! :D

Here every home has the mandatory snow shovels, Ice pick and snowblower. Cars have ice scrapers and shovel in the trunk and if you live in the country most have a snowplow on the front of their pickups or tractor in winter ;) Ice fishing is a major sport.

Last edited:
I have a huge garden, and I would love to get a pond but I just cannot see myself going out every day to break the ice in the winter! It gets pretty cold here and it is hard enough seeing to chickens every mor
Here every home has the mandatory snow shovels, Ice pick and snowblower. Cars have ice scrapers and shovel in the trunk and if you live in the country most have a snowplow on the front of their pickups or tractor in winter ;) Ice fishing is a major sport.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back