New Aps 2000Ef Filter Noisy As Hell

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NathanPrince

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys installed my new aps 2000 filter on my 5x2x2 and the noise is terrible, a really loud "sloshing" sound is coming from the filter itself. Sounds like I have a waterfall in my living room, any ideas?

Cheers

You have air, lots of it. I had it when I bought and installed my FX5.

There are several ways of getting rid of it, firstly just try tipping the canister over a bit in all directions. Pull the hoses such that there is a constant slope from the filter to the tank with no loops, sags or turns; you need only do this for a few seconds. Ensure you have the pipes on the right way round, sounds obvious but when I started mine the very first time, I didn't and it doesn't work too well. Turn the filter off, leave for a couple of minutes then turn it back on. Check there are no parts of the hose in the tank above the waterline as if they are not sound air will get in.

If none of this works then the filter is not priming. Try removing the top and filling it with water as far as you can then try again.

Is it the model without the uv by any chance? I put the top on one of mine the wrong way once and it sounded like a waterfall if its not the uv model check that. Are you using the skimmer? check there is not too much air going down it this also makes the filter noisy, you can adjust it by sliding the pipe up and down. Also check where the intake plastic pipe joints are below the water line, sometimes air can get sucked in the top one. These filters are usually pretty great at clearing air themselves after a while I am running 10 of them :)

All sorted now the skimmer was sucking in a tonne of air, took it off and blocked it up and within 10mins the filter bled itself and is quiet as a mouse now

Thanks for the help!

Brill :), the skimmers are brilliant but do take a bit of messing about sliding the pipe up and down to get them set right so they dont suck too much air in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back