New Apistogramma Pair Arrive

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

balajake

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well they arrived in the post at 12 noon. Not bad for £10 for the pair eh (£9 postage too) my local shop wanted £45 for 3 of them which was a little beyond me. they were posted from Glasgow yesterday and were brilliantly packed.

I have took a couple of pics but will get more when they get abit more adventurous. The male is stunning

6ad485a9.jpg

The female , she looks like she's wearing lipstick lol

d8d43a72.jpg

ec5c6c65.jpg

67a4621c.jpg

The male

Hopefully they will make me some little babies

I've been agonising for months what to have in this tank and finally decided. I've had it ages and just couldn't decide. Lol

Oooh he's just noticed her and is now following her around ;) she's like " meh" acting like she doesn't care ...

Thanks. The photos dont really do them justice tbf

Thanks . Tankmates are harlequin rasboras and albino cories. Also 4 tiny Molly fry that accidentally got scooped up in the bag by the fish shop assistant

Well I have to bump this to brag as I'm so pleased. I came up to bed tonight and my female was hiding under the stones on the front right side of my tank. She kept dArting out at fish that came near her. I peeked a look under the rocks and there were lots of tiny salmon coloured eggs.
She is guarding them and the male is floating around like he hasn't a care in the world. She seems relaxed around him but very wary of the other fish. I know the eggs might not produce fry but this is the first time any of my fish have ever spawned.

I was going to do my water change tomorrow but I'm wary of upsetting her

:) you have only had them a week! There must be something in your water lol!

Eggs are still there this morning and mum is guarding them. She did eat some flake though which is good. I'm going to need advice on this Incase they hatch. When will little ones will Need feeding and when (if at all) should I remove them from mum ?

My water looks really scuzzy today so I want to do a water change. I normally do about 60% a week on this tank as it gets minging as its close to a. Window. Will this be ok of I'm gentle ?

37a5f937.jpg

You can just see the eggs on the underside of the middle rock. I though the male would be more interested but he doesn't seem bothered at all. He certainly isn't helping her at the moment

Out of curiosity, where did they come from? I had a pair that were laying eggs but the male became super aggressive and killed the female, and anything else that come near him that isn't a tetra. However, new tank, more room, more attempts are now possible.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back