New angel fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Willow

Reaction score
Hi
I have 2 Angel Fish, there both 8 months old, and i bought 2 more little Angels today, since i put them in the older Angels, have been chasing the little ones, obviously stating there territory, will they stop chasing the little ones after a while or will they keep on chasing, them i dont want them to die of stress poor little things, they dont chase them all the time, only when they see them, please can someone help what the best thing to do is, will they stop chasing them or will they carry on. Thanks

Firstly we will need to know what size your tank is and what other fish aside from the Angels are housed in this tank?????????

My experience with Angels is that it can go either way :what: so provide plenty of hiding places for the new arrivals, Vallis plant is ideal as Angels hide in long leaved plants in the wild ;)

I have a 45 gallon tank (240 litres) i also have harlequins, a ram, gouramis, rosey tetras, rainbow fish, platys, swordtails, a molly, a white cloud mountain minnow, and a little loach, none of them are chasing them just the 2 angal fish, not all the time though, mind you the little ones i bought today dont seem to bothered though there still swimming around quite happily, there not hiding at all, i've got lots a bushy plants if they want to hide, but they dont seem to be bothered, there quite hardy little carricters, maybe the older ones wont chase them so much if they show there not bothered i hope they stop chasing them and they all get on okay because there lovely little fish

Hi Willow,

new fish will often get this sort of reception, for now its just a matter of waiting to see if things settle down.

Keep us informed, LOL :)

The older bigger Angel fish will do this for some time but as long as there is plenty of hidding places all should be fine. Just keep a eye on the small Angel fish to make sure the're not to stressed.

Nice size tank :grin: , the new Angels should be fine in a day or 2 after your older Angels have established thier pecking order 8)

Keep us posted as to any progress ;)

2 older angels will usually pick on younger angels. I the size of tank you have it may work out okay. Keep an eye on the youngstsers.

If things are still hostile, you may have to look at rehousing the angels ;)

Things seem to be better today, the older angels arent chasing the little ones so much, i bought some more plants today so they can hide if they want to, they dont seem to bothered though, they seem fine, they dont seem stressed out at all the older angels only chase them if they see them, they dont go out of there way to chase the little ones, will they settle down do you think. The little ones are more interested in looking for food, and exploring there new home. the older angel fish i have arent aggressive to the other fish, they never chase any of the other fish in the tank, but Sparky, my koi angel is the boss of the tank. I hope they settle down. I've called my Angel fish, Sparky, Star, Zeberdy, and Misty.
How do you know if angel fish are stressed out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back