NEW ANEMONE

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Olive

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Okay, I have a new anemone! It is a Macrodactyla doreenensis if I am not mistaken. I know that they like to eat brine shrimp and micro plankton, but I was wondering, do you all feed yours anything else? How often???

How long can I expect mine to keep looking for the right place to call home? Are they forever nomadic?

When can I turn my powerhead back on? I have had it off since I got it.........2 days. When I turn it on, the force of the flow seems to scare it and it moves towards the back of the tank where I can't see it. One time it got caught in the powerhead. I got it turned off in time, but whew that was scary!

Are they sensitive to light or is mine acting normal? When I turn the lights on, it freaks out and retreats as well.

Who needs friends when you've got anemones! Right I'll get my coat :(

He is reacting to the light change, leave it on and let him get used to it. Some are lower light than others, read up on yours and see what he likes. If you cant find anything on them do every thing like you normally would and let him find his own spot. When he stops moving, you can try to recreate that spot where you would like him to be. I have made caves and redircted power heads for some of mine.

He is getting caught in the powerhead because your tank is too small. I recommend you upgrade to a 180gal immediately..... :rofl:

Just follow rams advice. You also need to have your tank running as normal. Else the anemone settles in, you change lighting or current after it settles and it is likely to move again.

GL.

thanks everyone!

it seems to be happy where it is now...........at least for the moment!!!!! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back