New, again, to this hobby.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BruceII

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Bruce, and I'm addicted to fish-keeping. Its been three days since I last purchased a fish. But seriously, I am.
I have two tanks. One is the Fluval Flex 15, and the other is a generic 55 gal. The 15 is cycled and well stocked, with a Fluval 207 running main filtraition, with the internal filter kinda just there for cleaning....I think. The 15 is also well planted, with my Fighting Fish running point. I have a little bit of everything in this tank, and i consider it quite pleasant to look at. My 55 gallon is currently in the final stages of its cycling process, and I am eager to get to planting it as well. I plan on going on a South America theme with that one, led by at least one German Blue Ram.
When I was young, I had animals galore, to include: turtles, fish, snakes, rat, hamsters (poor things), iguanas, dogs, cats, ect. Then I grew up, joined the Army, started a family, got old (well Army old anyway). Recently, i realized I'm almost ready to retire, my family has moved towards our future forever home, and I'm stuck here for the last long haul. What better way to occupy my now huge empty house and time, than the extravagant money spending hobby of fish keeping?
I'm an avid reader, and lurker of forums. I decided to join this forum, because honestly, the expertise here is astounding! I love the info pushes and constructive criticism. The help to new fish persons, and old, is almost always immediate, and well thought out. I have one question for all you answering old hats, how do you maintain your composure!? Not become frustrated? I have gone through hundreds, perhaps several, threads....most of them are the same! But its been good for me. While I have had aquariums, and aquatic fish plants in the past, I realize I had never done it right! Even with my first recent tank, I'm lucky it worked out as well as it did. With my new, bigger tank, I'm following all the advice I have managed to absorb. Thank you!

:hi:
welcome to TFF . Lots of helpful members here.

Our next Tank of the Month contest will feature tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. We hope you will enter your tank in the contest.

Meanwhile please vote in the present contest by clicking on the banner at the top of the forum.

:hi:
welcome to TFF . Lots of helpful members here.

Our next Tank of the Month contest will feature tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. We hope you will enter your tank in the contest.

Meanwhile please vote in the present contest by clicking on the banner at the top of the forum.
I already did vote, and plan on entering next month's!

:fish:Welcome to the fish family:fish:

It's good to see you here, it's better to be involved rather than lurking, am I right? Seems as you've been shadowing the forum for a while, no doubt there's no point in telling you how good the community is here. It still amazes me how helpful everyone is and the knowledge people hold is beyond belief. I have a feeling you'll gel well here and hopefully you share you experiences with others whilst you're here and lend your knowledge where applicable.

I can only speak for myself, but as for the answer to your question. I don't get frustrated because to me this is a hobby, and naturally as a hobby, I enjoy it. Answering the same question over and over is no quarrel, someone will always come along and give more insight and knowledge to which I'm unaware of, regardless of how many times I've read up on said topic. I also enjoy it, helping others, researching species, discovering new methods of fish keeping, it's an ever expanded world, and of course there's nothing better then seeing your fish thrive because of the knowledge you gained.

Again welcome to the forum you will enjoy it here. Also, just a curious question, What happened to the hamsters?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back