New African cichlids?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cosmiclover1

Reaction score
Hey, can someone help me, I just got 3 new African cichlids and I’d love help finding out what gender they are and also their species.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The top photo looks like a peacock cichlid, The other two look like Pseudotropus's the bottom photo could be P. Crabro. The top fish is male, the middle fish female, the bottom fish can't tell from that photo.

Ok thank you very much! Do these fish get along well do you know in the long run? They’ve been getting along so far. There’s a better picture for you:)
image.jpg

African cichlids can be determined by their bottom fin. The ones with dots are males. The shorter ones without dots are females.

Yea. The males.typically have that extended fin with spots. Females shorter with no spots. If ya pay close enough attention to them, the ones with the most spots on that fin are the alphas of the tank.

Yea. The males.typically have that extended fin with spots. Females shorter with no spots. If ya pay close enough attention to them, the ones with the most spots on that fin are the alphas of the tank.
Cool, I'll watch for that:)

Top pic is a marble peacock (Aulonocara sp).
Middle pic looks like a Kennyi cichlid (Maylandia lombardoi)
Bottom pic looks like a Pseudotropheus crabro (as mentioned by itiwhetu)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back