New 90 Litre Saltwater.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks.yes you can get the smaller size and they will fit in the unit but I feel this would be too low down onto the water level.it will be a bit footery moving everything to do maintenance but it's good cover.i decided to remove the acrylic cover I had made and added a new wave maker to give good surface agitation.

New guys added today.straight into action.tank cycled in 10 days.we are now on day 14.poss add a fish at weekend.

Attachments

• IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 495
  • IMAG0482.jpg
    IMAG0482.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 508
New additions to the tank.two juvenile clowns.currently on a copepod wipe out.

Attachments

• IMAG0493.jpg
    IMAG0493.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 397
Okay so a little update.everything is ticking over ok.I have a full on hair algae bloom.I am assuming I have phosphate coming from the rock.both these and nitrates are undetectable so I assume it's all in the algae.I shall ride it out a bit to see what happens.I def need a money tree it's one thing after another.one of my hermits decided he would prefer my cerith snails shell so him and his pal ate the snail and he took the shell.there's a small white spot on the fin of one of the clowns.I hope it won't turn into ich.I don't have a qt tank.I have had main lights off for a bit and added these for eventual light cycle.

Attachments

• IMAG0501.jpg
    IMAG0501.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 493
Everything is going well.both clowns are healthy and eating great.female is a tubby.tried with pics but they never stop.

Attachments

• IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 457
Nice :)

I missed this thread somehow and I am very interested in this as I also have a Fluval Roma 90 thats sitting in my garage, this makes it more doable to do marine now that I know its achievable with good results on a tank like this.

Good going mate :)

Cheers charlie.yeah go for it.simples

Glad it's all going well and the clowns are happy :)

Cheers Matt.next item I think will be a pulsing xenia.I have a small clump of aptasia to get rid of first although at the moment it's behaving.

Don't take any chances with that stuff. Best way I've found to get rid of it is a take a small syring and get some white vinegar stick the aptasia right in the center with the needle and inject a little vinegar into it. It will die pretty fast. A word of warning on this though is that if you have to do several clumps spread it out over a few days as vinegar raises PH a little so it's not a huge deal with such small amounts but if you have to kill a bunch it's best to spread it out.

Thanks for information.I have the red sea apstasia x.

I'd say be careful with xenia as well. I once had a reef taken over by it and would never keep it again. 

How is the tank running. Any other additions

Yeah was thinking of having a piece on some rubble away from main live rock.
It's going good so far.all sorts of algae along the way.
No more additions as yet.Will wait a bit until the bickering between clowns die down.the female is enjoying her new found dominance.

New xenia is going well.the first one just melted.think it was because the heat pad failed in transit.
Xenia

Attachments

• IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 466
New zoa added today

Attachments

• IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 421

Most reactions

trending