New 23g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pellet113

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So i have anew 23 gallon tall tank. I hav one opaline gorami and two stocking lists you can add to either with decor and fish ideas!!!! all is flexible besides my gorami.

One
Opaline
2 glass cats
2 disus
1 zebra plec
2 blue ram

two
Oapline
2 kissing gorami
1 betta
4 blushing tetra
2 rams
2 glasscats

kiss gouramis get two big, and gouramis and bettas don't get along together

i mean to, and 2 glass catfish need 12 gallon by themselves, so they should be out. it is also to small for discus

both of those setups are very overstocked and not compatible, try doing 2 ram(male/female, or 2 females) and a zebra pleco with maybe 4 blushing tetras

Yeah,discus get too large, as do kissing gouramis, 8" & 12" respectively. Bettas not a good idea, your blue gourami may kill him. Glass cats would be good, but you need at least a group of six, the tetras also need to be in a school of 6+. I would suggest something like this...

1- blue gourami
6- blushing tetras
1- zebra pleco
6- pygmy cories/panda cories

See how something like that works, then maybe consider adding a single dwarf cichlid.

would tis work: the 6 tetras, 1 plec, gorami, 2 rams, and 2 swordtails???

If you're thinking german blue rams, then no. Bolivian rams, maybe. GBR's need a really high temp which would make your other fish uncomfortable, and cook the swordtails. Swordtails may also do better in a larger group, but I don't know livebearers well so I can't say for sure.

One thing to keep in mind is that opaline gouramis are very territorial when they're full grown. They're not going to get along well with others in a lot of cases, so you may do best with just him and a group of schooling fish.

Also keep in mind that zebra plecs tend to cost around $200, and they're not easy to come by, so make sure you read up on their care requirements before picking one up.

he said zebra pleco i think, so with a good filter it should be fine

Most reactions

Back