New 10 Gallon Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cnusmile

Reaction score
So I just setup a new 10 gallon tank today and still can't decide on a stock list. I started with the idea of moving my one of my bettas and adding some buddies for him, but then I just felt like that would limit my choices because of his aggression. Plus, I also really want a Dwarf Gourami so it was a one or the other type of decision. So I decided on the Gourami. I love my bettas, but they are gonna rule their own tanks for now. So here's what I want so far, but can't think of more that would add some color and variety that I like.

1 Dwarf Gourami
4 Panda Corydoras
???
???
HELP ME !!! :hyper:
Anyways here is the tank. I took this pic before the heater and filter, but they are in the back left and right corners respectively.

2011-04-26140831.jpg

Sorry, just thought it would grab people's attention to reply with actual insight into the question I asked. Maybe you should message the admin about taking the color option away since it has a negative impact instead.

With it being a 10 gal i would get Pygmy/Dwarf Cories instead of pandas for 2 reasons:

Pandas are very sensitive so do better in larger more mature tanks.
4 is not an ideal shoal, Pygmys/Dwarfs you could happily have upto 8 :good:

PS be sure to pop down to be Betta section show off your guys :D

With it being a 10 gal i would get Pygmy/Dwarf Cories instead of pandas for 2 reasons:

Pandas are very sensitive so do better in larger more mature tanks.
4 is not an ideal shoal, Pygmys/Dwarfs you could happily have upto 8 :good:

PS be sure to pop down to be Betta section show off your guys :D

Thanks. I'll get the pygmy cories instead. And don't worry, I've already shown off my boys in the betta section!!!

How about a sea sponge, a starfish, a squid and a squirrel lol, sorry couldn't resist my son now wants your tank after seeing the spongebob house.

How about a sea sponge, a starfish, a squid and a squirrel lol, sorry couldn't resist my son now wants your tank after seeing the spongebob house.

I know right! That wasn't part of my original design, but my nephew loves Spongebob so I had to get it. It adds some character I think!

I went and got my Corydoras today! They are so cute. It's the first time I've owned cories and I love how sprightly they are. I will be getting a few Guppies and a Dwarf Gourami. I can't wait! This is the first time I've owned any of these fish. I've had Mollies, Goldfish and Bettas, but this is a totally new experience and I'm super excited. I'm getting new babies all over again :)

here is one of "The Cories"
firstcories.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back