New 10 Gallon Tank, Suggestions?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mwood2

Fish Addict
Reaction score
well I just some extra room and bought myself a cheap 10 gallon tank. Tank comes with teach 10 gallon power filter and hood as well as some other stuff that I dont care about. I have a left over 50 watt heater from another previous tank so all I need is:

Filter (thinking aqua clear 20 and fluvel +2)
Substance (thinking gravel since its fast and easy)
Plants (thinking anubias and amazon swords again)

and lastly fish selections. I would like to try something a little more advanced or unique then my current 2 set ups. Maybe breeding something other then live bearers.

Make a full shrimp tank.

:) That'd be epic. Plant it fully, and get varieties of shrimps.

Or, stick with me and turn your 10g INTO A CRAYFISH TANK !
then we can be crayfish buddies. :D

well I have never been a shrimp fan really. I was thinking cichilds or tetras. List of what I was thinking of:

Tetras
Angelfish (pretty sure tank is to small, 13in tall)
Barbs
Rasbora
Gourami
Sword Tails
Dwarf Puffers (maybe my single one here and add 2 or just move him and try for comminity, he is shy)
Other Cichilds

no angels way to big
you could get tetra or rasbora but they like room to shoal
the shrimp tank is a good idea or for barbs a group of 2 male 4 female cherry barbs would be nice

I was thinking maybe a pair of gourami and perhaps a few cory. I am interested in Cichilds too if any can fit in 10 gallons.

Also does anyone know if the Magnum Marineland canister filter for a 30 gallon would be a good choice? Also any filters that could beat a Aqua Clear or Fluvel 2+ filter for a 10 gallon.

any names I could look for? There are a varity of them sold at the petco/petsmart near me but I dont know what would really fit.

shell dwellers sound great for the tank size!

but if you want gouramis click on my name above my avatar and click on users topics then you will find 3 topics on dwarf gouramis, i found it useful so you might to!

I don't mean to be rude, but how many times do we need to discuss this subject? Search this board, the 1st few pages will have plenty of threads about a 10gallon stocking

I was thinking the same mermaid although it was myself that started one of the threads!! Do we have topic pinned for 10 gall tanks and it seems it could be a way forward if we don't already!

We do have a pinned topic for 10 gallons yes. It's in the "New to the hobby" section.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back