Never Use Hartz.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CBBP

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Aparently It releases a huge ammount of nirate into the fish tank form 10 pellets. Last night I added 10 pellets for the cories. I woke up today and they where all gone but all my sensative sfish where dead and my cories where zipping tothe top as well as the gouramis and tetras.

I thought hartz made flea and tick medicines. Did you add a flea and tick med to your tank? Or what did you add exactly?

I thought hartz made flea and tick medicines. Did you add a flea and tick med to your tank? Or what did you add exactly?
nope. I added fish food. it says right on it. "fish food".

THis is an errie repeat of last time all my SAEs where killed by NitrIte. the smallest on survives.

Aparently It releases a huge ammount of nirate into the fish tank form 10 pellets. Last night I added 10 pellets for the cories. I woke up today and they where all gone but all my sensative sfish where dead and my cories where zipping tothe top as well as the gouramis and tetras.

Hmm, it doesn't appear to have anything in it that would cause a nitrate spike in the tank;

http://www.amazon.com/Hartz-Shrimp-Pellets...t/dp/B00025Z6MK

However, although i'm no food technician nor that great on chemistry, i find it interesting/worrying that it contains copper sulphate in its ingredients, copper sulphate kills off shrimp, snails, crayfish etc (its often used in anti-parasitic meds). Copper sulphate;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper(II)_sulfate

Have you actually tested your nitrates in your tank as well as nitrites, ammonia and the ph of the tank?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yep.. NirtItes spiked like I can't believe. PH was fine and all other reads where fine (0 if they where suppose to be) nirAtes 10 (comes in on the fertilizer dosing.

How many pellets does it indicate for a serving? My husband has cories and he only puts in 2 pellets for 4 cories (not Hartz, some other brand).

What was your nitrite reading?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back