Never Get Too Cocky

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hehe, not funny, but funny! :D

I was once syphining the bottom of a tank of 5 weekers, and I could not keep the suction so I used my mouth to restart and sucked a baby into my mouth:))

He never knew the difference, he went from my mouth to bucket in about .0009 secs.

BTW I always net my fish with my hands, the traditional thai way, in a cup shape. I doubt if it was harmful breeders would do it, it depends on the technique, I suppose:)) Just no soap ever near anything fishy, only scalding water.

lol

I was once syphining the bottom of a tank of 5 weekers, and I could not keep the suction so I used my mouth to restart and sucked a baby into my mouth:))

He never knew the difference, he went from my mouth to bucket in about .0009 secs.

BTW I always net my fish with my hands, the traditional thai way, in a cup shape. I doubt if it was harmful breeders would do it, it depends on the technique, I suppose:)) Just no soap ever near anything fishy, only scalding water.

lol

ewwwwwwwwwwww

:lol: These stories are really really funny, haha! Someone should totally start a "betta bloopers" thread. ;)

lol

ewwwwwwwwwwww

:lol: I've never gotten a baby in my mouth, but plenty of microworms :sick: I always start syphons with my mouth and I'm a pretty good judge with the big syphons for my larger tanks, but when it comes to the smaller ones I tend to get a mouthful :rolleyes:

I always start the syphon off with my mouth too and sometimes get a little protein boost of microworms :lol: but don't think I've managed to get a baby yet :blink:

:blink: I was under the impression that most people used cups - I had no idea that people actually used their hands! That sounds like it might be a special experience though...

But just curious, why do you guys use hands and not cups?

I used my hands because it's easier and faster for me then using a cup. There are occasions when I have poured the fish directly into a cup from his/her tank, but bettas are such jumpers and especially when they notice they're water supply thinning that too many end up on the floor! Just always worked best for me :good:

I don't think I would ever be able to catch my bettas with my hands. I always just use a cup. It's easier for me. And I put a lid on the cup as soon as I get the betta in it. So no risk of jumping. :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back