The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Maggie Gusman

Reaction score
91BAF608-3806-43D9-9753-3871CF819F3B.jpeg
4E8D55C0-64C5-42B4-ABE8-DB17A798C0A2.jpeg
1677CA8B-CA46-462B-B45A-08E4282141A1.jpeg
my bettaā€™s fin rot. He has had it for over 2 months now and I have tried everything. He was in a 10 gallon cycled tank with 3 Cory catfish when it developed. Ph at 8.0, nitrites 0, ammonia 0, nitrates 25ppm, chlorine 0, and temperature set to 78 degrees. I initially tried increasing water changes from once a week to every 2-3 days but his condition did not improve. I moved him to a heated quarantine tank and treated him with aquarium salt and Indian almond leaves for 2 weeks and he seemed to be feeling better, his fins stopped ripping and I thought it safe to move him back into the 10 gallon. Itā€™s been about 24 hours and unfortunately he has gotten horribly worse. His tail fin has ripped up to his body and thereā€™s a large chunk missing and lots of discoloration. Iā€™m not sure what is causing it, none of my decorations are sharp and my filter intake is covered by a sponge. Please any suggestions will be helpful, I donā€™t want to use Melafix if possible, I donā€™t want to risk damaging his labyrinth organ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would move him back to his quarantine tank and treat again with salt and indian almond leaves. This time though, I would leave him in there until his fins are completely healed. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back