nerite snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

corylover5

Fish Herder
2x Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I would like to get a couple of nerite snails for my aquarium. I know how to care for mystery, rabbit, and giant tower cap snails but is there any specific care for a nerite snail? How many should I get for my 29 gallon if I already have 5 mystery snails (plus 173 babies but I'm selling those), 1 rabbit snail, 1 giant tower cap snail, and 1 Colombian Ramshorn snail? thanks in advance

Same care :)

I can see you like snails. You should be fine to get 2 or 3 if you want

I love snails. I'll probably get 3. If I get 3 nerite snails is it possible to still get more rabbit snails once I sell all the baby mystery snails?
Yes I think so. Just keep and eye on the bioload and if it looks crowded stop buying more :) it should he fine though

Yeah the ONLY downside to nerites is the 50/50 chance you get a female... and they like to decorate the tank with eggs lol

20200622_203524.jpg

I am so used to it as 3 of my 4 nerites are female. I just overlook it now and barely actually notice.

If your tank has the algae to feed a small group.why not? Plus in my experience horned nerites dont go out of the tanks while the zebras I had kept disappearing so I recommend the horned nerites

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back