Nerite remove eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Nerite snail laid a buncha eggs, how do i remove them?

With your finger nails or a blade.
Pheonix is right, just scrape the eggs off, don't worry about getting them all of as long as you have a fresh water tank, they need brackish water to hatch (not sure if you already knew that)

Pheonix is right, just scrape the eggs off, don't worry about getting them all of as long as you have a fresh water tank, they need brackish water to hatch (not sure if you already knew that)
already know that, do you jjust scrape it off and not worry about it or do you have to get rid of it to not make it grow nasties
With your finger nails or a blade.

I scrape it all off right before my water changes, thus I don't have to worry about it staying in my water.

I scrape it all off right before my water changes, thus I don't have to worry about it staying in my water.
very smart
1614743375250.png

Don't usually even use a blade. A rough aquarium sponge usually does well enough for the glass. On hardscape I usually just leave them.

Don't usually even use a blade. A rough aquarium sponge usually does well enough for the glass. On hardscape I usually just leave them.
its on glass i will remove it when i remove algae and suck water. i do not have a sponge but i have tissues. works with algae, does it work for eggs?

I just scrape them off the tank walls with a piece of plastic - it's the bit from the cut out from an old tank lid.
My decor is wood and it's impossible to get the eggs off that without removing the surface of the wood so I just leave them there.

The eggs just stay there, they don't grow anything nasty.

It may leave a little oval shaped residue and that’s where the blade comes in.

I’ve just got used to the look of them and just leave them.

If the snail is still in the tank, there will be more eggs, I'd just ignore the ones on the deco, and scrape the glass

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back