Nerite escape.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello. Ihave a nerite snail and he escaped like 4 times in a row for 4 days. The temp is 79 f and
Ph 7.5
Gh around 100+
Kh 70
Nitrate 0
Whats been bothering him? The other nerite snail died cuz she accidentlally got removed while pests snails were grttung removed.. :(

They will escape, other than that the pH is a little low but he should be okay.

Make sure the lid is on tight and keep an eye on them when you can

They will escape, other than that the pH is a little low but he should be okay.

Make sure the lid is on tight and keep an eye on them when you can
Oh ok. Good to know

I had a tank with 2 nerites, both of which regularly climbed out during the night. Luckily the floor had a vinyl covering not a carpet and I had to tread very carefully on the way through to open the curtains. There was a cut out at the back of the lid for the cables to go through which is how they got out so I plugged it with a chunk of filter floss. I never knew why they kept climbing out; the tank had been running for years and the fish didn't show any signs of anything wrong. They eventually stopped doing it even after I removed the floss plug.

Luckily the floor had a vinyl covering not a carpet and I had to tread very carefully on the way through to open the curtains.
One of mine escaped once, unfortunately, I do have carpet, so when I found her she looked like a dried bean. Wobbled about like a zombie for the rest of the day too.

Sometimes I think it's because there isn't enough algae for them. But they are escape artists if you don't have a good lid. Had a few escape from my tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back