Neovespicula depressifrons

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Boundava

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Been looking for these guys for over a year and Aquatic Arts had them in stock so I grabbed 6 of them for my brackish tank. I have 1 left of three currently in the tank and have been wanting to boost the numbers up for over a year but no luck finding them in stock anywhere. I should be getting them tomorrow as I got my shipping confirmation this morning. 🤞 Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Anyone else have these guys in their brackish/marine tanks?

Lol, they do-don't they? Cute little scorpion fish...

Doing a WC on my brackish tank and saw my one guy in there surrounded by a load of BB gobies. Hope he likes his friends tomorrow. I also have some blue footed hermit crabs and some nerite snails, though the nerites and crabs are slacking as the algae is slowly taking over the walls, plastic plants and lava rocks.

Almost here!
My gobies and the one Neovespicula depressifrons, aka goblin fish or goblin leaf fish. Be back with some photos after they acclimate.

Got some pork chops to season and then I can see if I can find them, they hide in plain sight very well, and even better when they go behind the wall of lava rocks. Maybe able to temp them out wit a feeding.

Well I am going to wait till tonight to feed them, they should be more active then.
In the meantime here are some (poor) photos of the tank, the inhabitants including some new nerite snails I got and three red footed hermit crabs. Also a shot of the older leaf goblinfish (sorry I switched it around in my earlier post).

Tank is a 33 gallon I found for a steal in a local fish store.
IMG_20210706_163026439_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210706_163310814.jpg

IMG_20210710_161836585.jpg

The light on the lid was in need of rehanging, waited too long and so now I have a bit of algae to deal with, lol.
IMG_20210710_162407091_MP.jpg

IMG_20210710_161857265_HDR.jpg

There is a new red footed hermit crab, have some blue footed in here too.
IMG_20210710_162348273.jpg

IMG_20210706_163226491_MP.jpg

The adult goblinfish was very active the day the newbies were coming, almost like he could sense the force...lol
IMG_20210706_163210469_MP.jpg

The wee little goblins acclimating, they are mostly black right now due to age.
IMG_20210707_102215661.jpg

Sorry again for the quality of some of these, think they look good on the phone and then I upload them to Google Photos and I thing the quality goes down and some close ups get grainy.

Well I am going to wait till tonight to feed them, they should be more active then.
In the meantime here are some (poor) photos of the tank, the inhabitants including some new nerite snails I got and three red footed hermit crabs. Also a shot of the older leaf goblinfish (sorry I switched it around in my earlier post).

Tank is a 33 gallon I found for a steal in a local fish store.
View attachment 139711
View attachment 139712

View attachment 139713
The light on the lid was in need of rehanging, waited too long and so now I have a bit of algae to deal with, lol.
View attachment 139714
View attachment 139715
There is a new red footed hermit crab, have some blue footed in here too.
View attachment 139716
View attachment 139717
The adult goblinfish was very active the day the newbies were coming, almost like he could sense the force...lol
View attachment 139718
The wee little goblins acclimating, they are mostly black right now due to age.
View attachment 139719
Sorry again for the quality of some of these, think they look good on the phone and then I upload them to Google Photos and I thing the quality goes down and some close ups get grainy.
Wow they are very cute.
whats that lagae thing on the lava rock

The blue fronds by the red footed hermit? That is just a piece of a plastic plant. I do have some chaeto algae in there and am entertaining adding some grape algae as well since it can live in higher end brackish. A pair of Betta mahachaiensis will be going in there too in a couple months, one they are back in stock and funds are available.
IMG_20210710_162424545.jpg

BTW I have tried some so called brackish plants and they all died a horrible slow death with no recovery. I don't normally go for plastic, but I think they add a cheeriness to the tank. I may add a couple more medium sized plants if they catch my eye.

Well I goofed this video up! Can't re-feed them, lol so this will have to do. No idea how I did this-I know which way the phone has to go for landscape...sorry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back