Neon tetra fungal infection?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

botia

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
B4F95897-D298-4F3E-8976-37768C4106F3.jpeg
I have 30 neon tetras in a planted 110gal and I have just noticed some of them appear to have small white growths around their mouths and 1 has some white tips on its fins. Am thinking it could possibly be a fungal infection? No colour loss or loss of appetite in any yet. However they do appear to be hiding at the back of the tank more and may be breathing slightly faster
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Ph: 7.1
Temp:28c
20% water change every 2-3 days

The breathing could be because the temperature is a bit on the warm side for neons. But I can see rams in the photo, and they need warmer water, the temp is fine for them. Are there any other fish in the tank besides neons and rams?

I can't see the white on the mouths but the one with white on the fins looks like physical damage in the photo

I have had many tetras get the white growths on their mouths. Nothing works to heal it. I just let them go on until it obstructs their eating then I euthanize them. The white on fins is from nipping. It will stay that way.

So overnight the condition has worsened, the tetra pictured swims away from the rest of the school and seems dazed and confused. I’m worried as some other tetras appear to be showing similar symptoms. Any suggestions?

The breathing could be because the temperature is a bit on the warm side for neons. But I can see rams in the photo, and they need warmer water, the temp is fine for them. Are there any other fish in the tank besides neons and rams?

I can't see the white on the mouths but the one with white on the fins looks like physical damage in the photo
Currently just the tetras, 2 electric blue rams and a red whiptail cat. Eventually I’m planning on putting discus in the tank but I want to make sure everything is stable and under control before I do that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back