Neon tetra disease spreading in my tank!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hello - I have a similar issue where one of my neon's has a white discoloration near its top fin. Is this NTD? It is behaving normal and schooling with the rest of them. I have a total of 12 in a newly cycled tank. Started with 6, then added 6 more a couple days ago...this 1 is from the new batch. 10 cherry shrimp are in there as well but the only new fish are the group of 6. I am trying to catch the little guy so I can quarantine him but that has been quite challenging for me...they're too fast.View attachment 324940
Yes it looks like the start of neon disease.

If it is neon disease, you want to get the fish out asap and start treating it with antibiotics. The disease will be in the main tank and you should do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week to dilute the disease organisms in the water and reduce the risk of other fish catching it. If other fish do get it, treat the main tank.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

If you have 2 fish nets it's a lot easier to catch fish. Get a 5-6 inch net and a 8-12 inch net (depending on tank size). Put the big net against the front glass and rest the bottom of it on the substrate. Use the smaller net to guide the fish into the big net. Then lift it out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back