Neon Tetra And Glow Light Tetra Question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lauramikks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How many of these can i have in my 10 gallon tank with my betta?

i personally dont think its big enough but thats my opinion

but thats just my opinion :) 48L should be ok for a small shoal but personally i dont like having shoaling fish in that smaller tank prefer large :)

be carefull with them also if ur adding them to ur betta as they are nippy on the bettas fins :)

I've read a couple of times before that generally, the larger the number of individuals in the group, the less likely they are to be nippy. Don't know what level of truth there is in it though.

The two species you mentioned (neon + glowlight tetra) do better in 15+ US gallon tanks, so yours is a little small IMHO. What about microrasbora, ember tetras, pygmy cories or endlers instead?

Yes after doing some more reading up think i will stay away and add some small corys how many do you think i should add ive got the tank heavly planted as ive read that the bettas like this.

Sorry another question i have a hooded tank do i need to make sure the water level is a little lower than normal so that they can come to the surface.

Personal experience in my 20 gal I had 6 lowlight and 6I neon and they nipped my half moon to a jagged fin. Yes the more you have will help the nipping but the real problem lies within your tank size. The larger the tank the less they will meet and get curious. In my 20gal there just weren't enough room and they kept meeting and nipping.

Yes not going to bother will add some corys how many should i add?

Well you can have 8 Pygmy cories they look nice but they are more sense tribe then the normal ones :)

(sense tribe ) ment to be sensertive #40## auto correct :(

I had six glowlights in my 10G with a betta, and they nipped him until I had to shift them to another tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back