Neoheterandria elegans-Tiger Teddys

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ConnivingFerret

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I learned about these guys several months ago and, they are my two favorite things in one, livebearer and a "nano" fish. and I really would like to have a planted species tank but all i can find for sale are males...i get it theyre pretty uncommon in the hobby...does anyone know where i can get at least a pair? (US)
Thanks, Ferret

Hi. Their details are on the SF website but for some reason wouldnt come up via their internal search system for me but did when duckduckgo’d. That happens to me a lot, is it a regular occurrence for anyone else.

Back on topic. A very nice looking fish and I’m looking for nano tank candidates but for a community tank. Very hard water compatible! Plus females can cause trouble! Hmm there’s enough of that in this house already. I’ll pass this time. Lovely looking fish though.
Please keep us informed.

Their details are on the SF website but for some reason wouldnt come up via their internal search system for me but did when duckduckgo’d. That happens to me a lot, is it a regular occurrence for anyone else.
Yes, that happens to me as well - SF can't find it but using a search engine finds it straight away.

I've always like the looks of these fish, but with my soft water it would mean another tank and my husband is a hard man to convince :confused:

Hi. Their details are on the SF website but for some reason wouldnt come up via their internal search system for me but did when duckduckgo’d. That happens to me a lot, is it a regular occurrence for anyone else.
@Byron - I have actually raised this on their support forum with another specific example. I am not sure how actively that is monitored. May be worth mentioning in conversation if the opportunity arises.

This is actually a long-standing issue, but I will email Colin now and mention it as it may have slipped off the table. Thanks for letting me know.

I learned about these guys several months ago and, they are my two favorite things in one, livebearer and a "nano" fish. and I really would like to have a planted species tank but all i can find for sale are males...i get it theyre pretty uncommon in the hobby...does anyone know where i can get at least a pair? (US)
Thanks, Ferret
I´m keeping and breeding this small superfetative livebearer for a reasonable number of years now. In general, they´re considered being rare in the commercial trade.
Here´s al link: www.emeraldking-aquatics.com/livebearer9
IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_6471.JPG

Yes, that happens to me as well - SF can't find it but using a search engine finds it straight away.

I've always like the looks of these fish, but with my soft water it would mean another tank and my husband is a hard man to convince :confused:
These ones are soft water livebearers:)

SF gives their range as 90 to 447 ppm and my GH is 90 ppm, right on the lower edge. I would prefer to see them in water a bit harder than mine.

They look fascinating fish, but I've never actually seen any in shops :(

They look fascinating fish, but I've never actually seen any in shops :(
Well, comparing them with the commercial known livebearers, this species is rare on the commercial market.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back