Needs a name!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for less than perfect fish. Saw this little guy at my lfs in a tank with a baby black ghost knifefish. If you didn't know before, well they often have a habit of eating the eyes of other fish...

Anywho, took home this little 1 eyed baby albino corydoras aeneus to join my other aeneus (including another who also only has one eye)
20200901_183430.jpg
20200901_183424.jpg
20200901_183400.jpg

My other 1 eyed cory is named Izanagi after the Japanese deity who created Amaterasu from his eye.
This is Izanagi, or Izzy for short.
20200625_121459.jpg

I'm open to thoughtful names with meaning, or just cute ones.
Ideally unisex names as this little one is just barely out of fryhood so too young to know if male or female.

Zuko, like from avatar the last airbender. Super cool and nice character who has a huge scar on his eye. Fits the Japanese name them as well :)

Zuko, like from avatar the last airbender. Super cool and nice character who has a huge scar on his eye. Fits the Japanese name them as well :)
I like that one, not bad.

I dont particularly have a theme for the corydoras names. (Xinyi, Miyu, Kevin, Hobbs, Blip, Jaxx, Tripp, Chopper, Freckles, Bebop, Rocksteady, Goliath, Behemoth, Solo, Blacktip, Vagabond, Chunkster, Bulldozer, Jalopeno, Habonero, Ghost, Smoke, Spice, etc just to name some of them)

I like that one, not bad.

I dont particularly have a theme for the corydoras names. (Xinyi, Miyu, Kevin, Hobbs, Blip, Jaxx, Tripp, Chopper, Freckles, Bebop, Rocksteady, Goliath, Behemoth, Solo, Blacktip, Vagabond, Chunkster, Bulldozer, Jalopeno, Habonero, Ghost, Smoke, Spice, etc just to name some of them)
Lol I like all of them:)

Yeh but how will you tell them apart when you call them for dinner? :lol:

Last edited:
Couple more photos of the tiny guy, one after lights out too.

View attachment 114953View attachment 114954View attachment 114955
thats Hobbs beside him

View attachment 114956
I'm sorry, I'm rubbish at thinking up names. You could be having us on about knowing all their names ;) You can say "Oh, that's Hobbs next to him" and it's not like we're gonna go, "no wait, that's Vagabond!" :rofl:

Only playing! It's lovely that you see them closely enough and know them well enough to tell them all apart, and that they all have names! I don't think many people with that many cories could name all of them and tell them all apart, so it's something special that you can :wub:

Glad you bought him home! I shuddered reading that the ghost knives tend to eat eyes... poor little dude. He's so lucky you saw him and saved him!

Question: When they're albino, what are the characteristics that tell you if if he's a corydoras aeneus or some other species? I'm so curious about cories now! I peeked in on the four bronze babies when I got home from work, and they are too cute, I'm absolutely in love. They settled in so quickly! I put them in the quarantine tank and within 20 mins of being added to the tank, all four were gathered around the algae wafer nibbling away. I felt my heart melt right there. :wub:

I'm sorry, I'm rubbish at thinking up names. You could be having us on about knowing all their names ;) You can say "Oh, that's Hobbs next to him" and it's not like we're gonna go, "no wait, that's Vagabond!" :rofl:

Only playing! It's lovely that you see them closely enough and know them well enough to tell them all apart, and that they all have names! I don't think many people with that many cories could name all of them and tell them all apart, so it's something special that you can :wub:

Glad you bought him home! I shuddered reading that the ghost knives tend to eat eyes... poor little dude. He's so lucky you saw him and saved him!

Question: When they're albino, what are the characteristics that tell you if if he's a corydoras aeneus or some other species? I'm so curious about cories now! I peeked in on the four bronze babies when I got home from work, and they are too cute, I'm absolutely in love. They settled in so quickly! I put them in the quarantine tank and within 20 mins of being added to the tank, all four were gathered around the algae wafer nibbling away. I felt my heart melt right there. :wub:
I'll put together a reference for you and tag you in a new post for it :D

I'll put together a reference for you and tag you in a new post for it :D
Oh man, I didn't mean to give you work! I was just curious, since it must be a bit trickier when it's an albino :) But when you know cories as well as you do, it's probably easier than it would be for most of us. Thank you for all the info and advice you share! :friends:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back