Need to Quarantine the Quarantine tank?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

purple_drazi

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:/ as I was working at the computer yesterday I noticed that one of my neons had some kind of white spot on the top of her head (don't ask - all my neons are girls, & no, I don't know this, they just are because all neons are girls)
anywho.
I flipped into immediate emergency mode, chucked Sparky the betta out of his tank & into a 2g, cleaned his 5g out, set it up as a quarantine tank with the prepared water I always use & some nice plastic greenery for her to hide in, dosed it with ich med, put the heater up to 85f, floated the neon in a bag in the tank to equalise her water temp and then, after 1/2 hour put her in. This morning she was a floater. :-(

It wasn't ich. I think it was just old age. When I took a closer look at it, that white spot looked more like it was a worn sore and there was no other sign of illness, no other spots or anything.
however bottom line is I don't really know what got her.

My question is: do I need to break that tank down again? Or can I use it as is? Since there's no fish in it now, would it be sufficient to wait a couple of weeks to starve out anything that might be in there?

I'm not lazy, I'm just efficient! :hyper:
yeah, that's it....

You can run carbon in the filter to remove the medication. If it wasn't ich on your fish then there is nothing to 'starve out'.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back