Need to Diagnose before all are gone

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gingerbread27

Reaction score
my molly's have been sick :-( , especially skinnie minnie, who had not eaten in 2 weeks prior to her passing at5:30 am she has been suffereing and I know she is better offf now but I am sad. I just narrowed it down to some type of parasite (internal) I believe. Althugh I aam not sure I do think my other molly is sick to he was well and went back to the communty tank last week after I had them seperated for ich, but although he was well he grieved for her I think he would not eat or anything which is rare for him he's nearly jumped out of the tank before chasing food. So I put him back with her he laid by her side, he would come up and eat then lay on the bottom with her this went on all day today. then I noticed she had quit breathing, and I had to run him away from her with the net to get her out,now that she is gone, should I get him another female?, I am going to the pet store, when they open,they ordered me something for internal parasites should I go a head and treat him? please don't think I;m crazy I am just attached to my fish his name is big moma I was told he was female when I got him and he was my first fish I have had him along time somebody help him out . :sad:

No I dont think you are crazy I am the same way over my fish. If your male fish was that crazy over its mate then yes I would sure buy him another. Sometimes these things happens believe me I know I have spent a small fortune trying to save a pregnant guppy with drospy. I know what you are going threw. I will tell you this it is best to keep two females to every male molly. I hope the other one stays ok for you.

I am so sorry to here that you lost a fish. :sad:
I think if you are not attached to you fish emotionally you will not care enough to try and keep them or make them well. There must be a passion. I lost a male gourami last weekend and the females are not the same. It is like they are mourning. I think they miss thier mate. I suggest getting him 2 females also. I would treat the whole tank with parasite meds. Good luck!

:no: i totally understand what you are experiencing. i actually am going through a very similar situation myself. my male molly mourned for my female. he was sick also and seemed to mope. he did have other females but still missed her. he did end up dying as well.

i purchased a few fish from the pet store that i believe had a severe internal parasitic thingy going on and infected my white pair of mollies. i myself am not happy about it. i have tried several medications and i think they were to far gone to actually save.

good luck to you. this is frustrating.
i hope you have better luck than i and please let me know if you are able to clear up this parasite thing i would love to try it myself.

i tried those tank buddies, but i dont think they did anything because my male molly still has a swollen abdomen and seems miserable.

Well the update is I lost both my Black Molly's, on of which I had over a year. I believe that whenI purchased the last one from the pet store is was infected with something, not sure. I am glad however that for the majority of the time the molly's were in the hospital tank, and so far it seems as none of my other fish are ill. I am hoping they stay this way. However I do plan to get some more molly's ( they were my favorite) I am going to wait a while to see if I can get them from another place besides the pet store it is not the ideal place for a healthy fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back