Need To Catch A Fish.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fighterfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,
I got a gold rush tang yesterday. And my fijiaan yellow tailed damsel is attacking it and the chromis. I need to gwet rid of it. I have tried putting food in a net and that hasn't worked. And also dismantled the live rock structure so that i could catch it but to no avail.
Please i need your ideas qucikly.
Thanks,
LM

i have seen the people at my lfs when they cant catch a fish (like my yoyo loaches), they get 2 nets and surround the fish. they also sometimes use one net to push the fish back into the other net. another way is to try and get the fish on the glass then just scoop him up

Yeah i tried that. But it is a large tank with rock and coral so lots of hiding places for him.

move the LR to one side, make sure he's on the other, and put a board or somethin (like a cutting board etc or a strainer would work) and drag it through the water and force him to one side, then scoop him up! that's what i do at least :) hth and gl! :good:

well what stinks about salt tanks is that you have the coral and liverock. for FW, you just have the bogwood and the plants which are easy to take out and put back. if you have already tried my ideas then i would ask some other people because i got nothin

i had to catch my adult crayfish recently, no easy task, we borrowed one of the kids huge fishing nets which hadn't been used, put that in the tank at one end then left well alone for 10 mins, then between us we got a large fish net and effectively chased him quickly into the big kids net, got him on the first go and because the net was really deep he knew he wasn't going to escape and settled quickly, maybe try that? :good:

you should have seen the time me and my dad were trying to catch my red tailed shark. that was a nightmare. it took 30 mins even with everything out of the tank. :crazy:

yeh try catching a paticular malawi chiclid that a customer wants in a tank full of the things!!

i would try the 2 net method and be patient, fish seem to get used to a motionlessnet being in there after a while it seems.

good luck!

I got him.
Put all the coral and lr into a copntainer full of sw and got him after 45mins.
Thanks for the help guys.

Hmm, next time try using a hand grenade. It worked for Jimbo and Ned on Southpark :p

why dont u just catch the damsel out and keep the tang.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back