Need Some Suggestions And Opinions On My 30 Gallon!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ara35

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
eff1f3fe.jpg

whats everyone think???

I like it a lot, maybe try moving the smaller rock at the front to the back right of the gap in the middle, see how that looks?

Gold barbs...Cardinal Tetra and a Red tipped black shark?
Is that all in inhabitants?

I think the scape looks nice.

The shark will eventually become a bit too aggressive in 30gal for tankmates so I'd probably drop him.

And the gold barbs look a bit big compared to the tank, but if you like them then they are nice fish :)

Gold barbs...Cardinal Tetra and a Red tipped black shark?
Is that all in inhabitants?

I think the scape looks nice.

The shark will eventually become a bit too aggressive in 30gal for tankmates so I'd probably drop him.

And the gold barbs look a bit big compared to the tank, but if you like them then they are nice fish :)

yeah im going for more of the scape. theres also some otos here and there. we'll see how it goes. just got the shark a month ago. not too attached to it cause he is alittle bit of a bully, so i may get rid of him if he gets alittle too large

What's up with the Alternantera reineckii in the middle back of the tank? Was part of it eaten away? Or did you dose with something? A. reineckii doesn't like Excel. At least that has been my experience. I'd clip the bottoms off and replant the tips with leaves towards the front of the tank.

I like the rocks. Is that algae on them. I don't dislike this.

llj

What's up with the Alternantera reineckii in the middle back of the tank? Was part of it eaten away? Or did you dose with something? A. reineckii doesn't like Excel. At least that has been my experience. I'd clip the bottoms off and replant the tips with leaves towards the front of the tank.

I like the rocks. Is that algae on them. I don't dislike this.

llj

yeah its algae and the alternantera have been a nightmare. i was trying to revive them but i may just toss em. i dont know what to replace that area with

its not that i dont appreciate the compliments, i really do and i worked hard on this tank and its rewarding to hear good things. but i am really looking for suggestions as to what plant to try in the center, what ground cover, maybe less or more rocks, adding driftwood..... anything you can think of!

... but i am really looking for suggestions as to what plant to try in the center, what ground cover, maybe less or more rocks, adding driftwood..... anything you can think of!
I agree with Geoff1991's comment, the right side seems to be too devoid of rocks. If you can move the rock the the right-center and see if the inclination of it will face the left side of the tank, that may look good.

The problem with suggesting anything is that this is already a good looking tank, the suggestions may prove to be overkill or actually may make it look worse, lol. One other thing I can think of is to put another group of short plants at the center, where the gravel is seen. This may be a group of dwarf riccia-covered slates, a hair grass group, or alike up to your liking.

what could be a good ground cover?? should i go with dwarf baby tears, glosso, riccia or a grass like plant

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back