Need Some Movement At The Bottom Of My Tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

haleem8777

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So far i have about a shoal of harlequin rasbora and some pygmy corys. It looks good but the bottom of my tank looks so empty.i was wondering what other fish except loach as they will dig up plants and corys are there for the bottom of my tank.

whats your tank size?
ive never had loaches digging up plants before, i think the best bet for live plants and loaches is a khuli loach though.

There are a few suggestions we could give you, but need to know first, what size is your tank?

Water parameters? (pH etc)

A pic would be useful to give us an idea of your tank set up and then we could give more detailed suggestions more suitable for you.

Definitely need to know the size of the aquarium - Peacock Gobies are a good bet, and in a large enough tank, SA or CA cichlids of some description.

Looking at your signature, you have a 220 litre tank, so am presuming this is the tank you want to stock more bottom dweller fish?

If so, then gotta say you are overstocked as it is IMO with 50+ various cories, 1x BN, 6 x cardinal tetras

I calculated these for a 240 litre tank! 
confused.gif

But does depends on more specific dimensions. That would help greatly!

Ch4rlie said:
Looking at your signature, you have a 220 litre tank, so am presuming this is the tank you want to stock more bottom dweller fish?

If so, then gotta say you are overstocked as it is IMO with 50+ various cories, 1x BN, 6 x cardinal tetras

I calculated these for a 240 litre tank! 
confused.gif

But does depends on more specific dimensions. That would help greatly!

It's not him that has asked for help.

Oh yeah, now I see. Doh!! 

My bad!

Just that assumed was him with signature without looking at the name since said 50+ cories!!

Oops, apologies to Shaddex. 

i got a small 100 litre aquarium. sorry cant uploads any pic as i have nothing to take a pic with at the moment.

Edit: i cant find any Peacock Gobies near me, so no to them.
sad.png

How many Pygmy Corys and Harlequin Rasboras do you currently have?

26 gallons hmm , how about a school of khuli loaches? they give plenty of activity and thrive in planted aquaria.

i got 12 rasbora and 6 corys. I really like the coolie loach. how much can i keep

Your tank is really too small for kuhli loaches I'd think. I'd opt for more of the same cory.

Most reactions

Back