Need some information

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snailguy101

Moved On
Reaction score
Ok im thinking about a coldwater 29gallon But...What fish would you reccomend what kind of decorations and how do I keep my water cold?! And will snails be able to live in it?

for nearly a 30 gallon you could get a couple of fantail types and maybe a couple of dojos.
you will need 10 times filtration to keep the tank healthy and clean as they are really messy fish and as for decoration then thats up to you, just be careful you dont get anything the fish can get stuck in or behind. gravel should be pea sized and a lot of people prefer to go with nothing as this will stop the bad bacteria from building up. if you go with nothing then a few river rocks and a small handfull of gravel looks nice. any plants you might want can go in to small plant pots or candle holders. the choice really is up to you.

in a 29 gallon i would consider 2 fancy tailed goldies and maybe and an apple snail. or substitute the apple snail for 6/7 white cloud mountain minnows,

Try the tank with minimal decs to increase swimming space.

In my goldy tank i just have a flower pot on its side half buried. The fantails and WCMM provide enough decoration for the tank.

go with a black background to. I have a jewel structured background

the only way to keep your water cold is not buy a heater and make sure there is alot of surface movement. I have a second filter with the spout above water level so it is almost like a small water wall

usually around 5 or 6 inches but they can grow to a foot long with a healthy diet and plenty of swimming room.
fantails arent too bothered about temperature as long as it doesnt get too cold.

off topic, but how bout adding a little more information in the title and description of your posts and you will get a ton more help...it's rather frustrating to see every one of your topics saying help please...

how bout..

Topic Title: Need some information
Topic Description: about a coldwater tank

use all the space you can get for titles and you will maximize your results...i'm not trying to be an ass, i just don't know if you ever noticed the description part, which is visible when you are browsing topics on the forum

Snailguy101 said:
k I did it
[snapback]843647[/snapback]​

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back