need opinions on fish stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

razoraptor

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm wondering if i should get more fish to fill out the tank more. Right now, i've got a 20 gallon planted tank. I've got 6 emperor tetras, 2 penguin tetras, and 4 neon tetras. I'm thinking about getting more neons, but they die so easily out of the blue. I initially bought 10, but 6 died within 5 days. I've also got one dwarf gourami. Any suggestions on what sort of fish to get?

Thanks!

Neon tetras haven't been that great for years. I like cardinals as an alternative. Always have liked Harlequin rasboras. Add a few more penguins as they like being in schools. Pygmy catfish are really nice with this mix as well.

Get some bottom dwellers. Pygmys would be nice, or maybe a pleco. You could try some bigger corydoras, like green, or peppered.

I'd fill out your penguin and emperor tetra shoals to 6 or more and leave it at that.

If wanting to add bottom as mentioned pygmy Corys do well in big groups and won't take up a ton of room.

I'd fill out your penguin and emperor tetra shoals to 6 or more and leave it at that.

If wanting to add bottom as mentioned pygmy Corys do well in big groups and won't take up a ton of room.
I agree, larger groups of either tetra would be a perfect amount!
Interesting choice of tetras, hooe you can get more!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back