Need more space

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

I want to increase the range of tanks i have for bigger ones and have several tanks for breeding etc. But currently dont have the space and i live at home with my parents.

Could some one suggest ideas.

I was thinking of renting a small garage out, so long as it had a water supply and electricity!!!

I have seen an advert in the local paper.

Need some advice.

Personaly I would try to run a breeding program where it wasnt in my home. If you have to go across town to take care fo your fish it might cause you problems. If they are at home with you, you are going to look in on them and make sure all is well more often. I too am interested in breeding more and my house is getting filled up in a hurry so I am going to be looking for a bigger house down the road....lol

Les

How big is the garden? how much do mum and dad luv ya? build a fish house :thumbs

I agree with Les the closer to home the better

Hi Bigfish.

Sounds like it's time to start stacking. If you have the tools it's not too hard to make stands for multiple tanks. I just made one to house my two 35 gals. With 2x4's and MDF it cost me about $30.00 Cdn to build in my garage. The only problem I had was getting it down the stairs (it was 1 inch too big and I had to take the top off :X )

...if you're already stacking the bathtub would hold a few bigger ones. :lol: :lol:

...or if you get on good with the neighbors offer to set up and take care of tanks at their house, some might be willing to do that for ya because they get to enjoy tanks without the work to maintain them. ;)

Don.

Dons got it all figured out....lol not a bad idea stacking tanks as long as he has a sturdy floor below......My neighbors wouldnt like it if I did that.....they would have tanks on their floor.....lmao

Les

Look at it this way Les..If they go through to the neighbor below that just makes more room to stack on top :lol: :lol: :lol:

My tanks are in my bedroom upstairs if i start to stack the floor will go through,

hmmmmmmm i know i could sleep in with my fishies!!! :p . I tried asking around my friends to see if i could use their space in their garage but all have said no :sad: i dont know what im gonna do, i think i will have to sell up or give my collection away just as i was having fun too :sad:

I'm sooo into my fishies in a big way, my parents dont understand and wont let me have any more tanks in my room or outside in the garage. :sad:

HELP!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back