Need Immediate Advice..dilema

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

QuotheRaven

Something smells humany
Reaction score
My red horse face OR Festivum have started attacking my small rendahls catfish and he will most likely be dead by mornings end if not seperated...I think it's the Horse face now I have a ten gallon tank with fresh water and a heater set up for my marine tank to be set up to cycle tommorow...the issue is can I place the horse face in a Non-cycled tank for a short amount of time ( It is going to be sold to the aquarium where I get the marine supplies tommorow) so it will be there from say 11 Pm to 2pm tommorow...in a non-cycled ten gallon....is it safe to do for that amount of time and also will it make me have to fix up all the tank for the marine set up or will it merely need a quick wash or clean and then set back up?
(In a side note how many posts do you have to do to change your avatar name from leader of the fishes etc...)

I've done it before, has it got a heater?
Water change 10% every 2 hours (keep toxins down, oxygen up) and make sure theres food there to keep it happy....
Have you any SeaChem prime or similar ammo locker, de toxifier?
No idea about marine...

the way i'd look at it is if you don't move him you have a high chance of your rendhals catfish dying, if you do move him you have a smaller chance of him dying, so i'd do it.

but monitor water quality and do water changes as necessary, don't feed much as if he doesn't eat anymore he'll produce less waste and therefore less ammonia

Issue is (And thanks a bunch germ and Miss Wiggle) I have to sleep while it's in there.... as it's 11.28Pm now... Also I cannot move it if it will destroy my marine plan as Tommorow is the only time I can get to an aquarium for a long time

well water changes will not be so essential now as in the morning, ammonia will take time to rise.

if you can take him back to the lfs in the morning when you pick up marine supplies it's ok. just give the tank a quick wash, fill with saltwater and away you go with your marines.

Thanks so much Miss Wiggle your a god send, Ian owes you another bunch of flowers :D

Ok so My morning will involve the catching of 3-5 fish, a water change, setting up salt water, live sand, live rock and powerheads if all goes well....and then school work...sheesh Lol Now I have to catch the Horseface he is quick as BUGGERY!

Caught it and in the tank at 12:26 Am Thursday morning (Now) and should be sold around 12-4 pm later today....I just hope it's him and not the festivum..but the fesitvum isn't to quick...

Sorry Lynda B I had gone to sleep before I saw your post and No it's a 75 gallon and I don't have a divider for a tank that size I did think of it but couldn't think of anything... Anyways I caught the horseface and he is fine today in the ten gallon

Another thing you could do is get a large cooler box(if you have one ) Then fill it up in the tub and stick the heater in there. that would be ok for a temporary home. Ive done it before with my fire eels and discus.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back