Need Helped

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
i want to have just plants in it i want a small filter and thats it what should i have at the bottom of the tank i may have a light but wont if i can get away with it so is there any plants that need no heat none excessive lite no co2 or ferts. :good: :hyper:

But you will need a light on the tank regardless, unless you place it on a windowsill.

With the plants aarronnorth suggested, you dont need to worry about substrate or even a filter. Just do water changes every 2-3 days and you should be fine :).

thanks there nice but what do i put on the bottom and do i have to feed them or do they feed off the light

Just put inert sand or gravel. Aquarium pea gravel for example.
The Microsorum pteropus and Anubias spp. grow attached to rock or wood, so use thread to tie each one down gently to a stone and they will root over it.

The elodea (Egeria densa) can just be left to float of you can put the stems into the gravel if you prefer.

Plants are use light as an energy source so that they can 'feed' off inorganic molecules. So basically they are feeding of nutrients in the water, but they need light to do so. The water changes provide the nutrients (as the plants use up nutrients in the water it needs to be changed frequently) , and you will need to place the tank on a windowsill or have a small (preferably florescent) desk lamp to provide light for the plants. If you use a light, keep it on for around 12 hours a day.

so could i have them plants and a filter and ive heard from here you can have cherry shrimp in cold water what would i feed them and would i have to do anything to the filter ie put mesh on it. :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back